The nutritious ingredients in these healthy dinner recipes will help you continue your good eating habits and satisfy your craving for comfort food.
Right-click each recipe card image below to save and print.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1lb brussels sprouts
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Rinse, peel, halve and spiralize butternut squash.
- Rinse, trim and halve brussels sprouts.
- Add maple syrup, 2 tablespoons olive oil, cinnamon and pinch of salt to butternut squash.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, turmeric, garlic powder and pinch of salt to brussels sprouts.
- Place both vegetables on separate lined, olive oil-coated baking sheets and bake for 25 to 30 minutes (shaking both pans halfway to prevent sticking).
- Remove and let cool. Toss vegetables together with dried cranberries and pecans.
SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS WITH TOMATO PESTO SPAGHETTI SQUASH
TIME: 90 minutes
FROM THE KITCHEN OF: Adam Friedman, Gold’s Gym Fitness Expert
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 10 wild-caught shrimp
- 10 wild-caught sea scallops
- 4 organic shitake mushrooms
- 1 cup organic tomato pesto sauce
- ¼ cup chopped sweet onions
- ½ cup chopped raw carrots
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 15 green olives
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- ¾ tsp multipurpose spice blend of choice
- ½ tsp celery seed spice
- ½ tsp curry spice powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper spice
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Scoop out seeds and discard.
- Put each half facedown on a foil-covered baking pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- On the stove top, preheat a large sauté pan over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Heat avocado oil in the pan for 1 minute.
- Add chopped onions in the pan with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and carrots to the onions. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and scallops to the vegetable mix. Season with salt, curry, celery seed, multipurpose spice blend and cayenne pepper. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
- When the spaghetti squash is cooked, scoop out the flesh and add it into the pan.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and top with tomato pesto sauce.
- Mix everything together over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with raw zucchini and green olives before serving.
BAKED BROCCOLI CHEESE BALLS
- 2 cups riced broccoli (buy prepared or use a food processor)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella (substitute dairy-free, if preferred)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (substitute a hearty sprinkle of garlic powder)
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 420 °F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and then roll into 1½-inch balls.
- On a baking sheet, bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until slightly browned on top.
SWEET POTATO AND CRANBERRY STUFFING
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups cubed sweet potato
- 2 large carrots, cubed to the same size as sweet potato
- 2 yellow onions, each sliced into 4 wedges
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 4 cups dry bread cubes (unseasoned)
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Butter a 9-by-12 baking dish; set aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add sweet potatoes, carrots and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- In a separate small pan, add cranberries and fill with enough water to cover them.
- Bring water to a boil, and then lower to a simmer for another 7 to 8 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the cranberries.
- Once the cranberries are done, remove from heat.
- Add bread cubes and broth to the vegetables; stir until ingredients are evenly moistened.
- Drain cooked cranberries and add to vegetable mixture.
- Transfer stuffing to the prepared baking dish and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until slightly browned on top.
Here are more recipes to try:
More about our Gold’s Gym Brand ambassadors: