There are countless pieces of equipment inside and outside of a gym to help you build a better body. It can be difficult to choose which to use, especially if you’re limited on time, in a crowded gym or just starting out. Fortunately, there are a few “gems” in gyms that offer all-in-one benefits. These are the types of equipment I love, whether I’m training someone or doing my own workout. The medicine ball is one of these gems. Let’s discuss how a medicine ball can benefit you. Soon you’ll see what I’m raving about!
5 Benefits of Medicine Ball Exercises
- Transportable: Medicine balls typically range from 2 to 25 pounds; this makes them perfect for moving all over the gym. This is helpful when your gym is really busy or you need to perform a move near a piece of stationary equipment for a butt-kicking circuit or superset exercise.
- Versatility: Another way a medicine ball can benefit your workout is by offering versatility. Unlike a dumbbell or kettlebell, you can throw a medicine ball all over the place. You can also work your entire body using just one or two medicine balls, eliminating the time needed to switch weights or adjust a machine.
- Functional training: If you’re an athlete or simply wanting to improve your power and speed, you’ll benefit by incorporating medicine balls into your training regimen. Medicine balls can be used in a number of plyometric and speed drills to amplify the intensity and progress your program.
- Core galore: Boring crunches and sit-ups are out! When you bring a medicine ball into your core work, you can challenge multiple muscles while improving your coordination and agility. This is a fantastic way to add resistance to basic core exercises as well as spice up boring routines.
- Balance: A medicine ball can benefit you by improving your balance, which ultimately can boost your athletic ability and ward off potential injuries. You can perform a number of traditional moves on a medicine ball, such as push-ups, to amplify your fitness level, strengthen your core and build overall stability.
One of the best ways to boost your fitness level and achieve major improvements to your physique is by finding effective workout tools. The medicine ball is a multitasking, butt-kicking and convenient piece of equipment that will take your body to the next level! It’s time to see all that it can do and add the medicine ball into your weekly routine now!
Blog Written By: Blaire Rummel