Learn about your fitness options in Austell, Georgia –
Sign-Up for your free VIP Pass — call (770) 432-8688 today!
As we age, our bodies change – and the type of exercise we do should match our fitness levels and abilities. At Gold’s Gym in Austell we have the classes, equipment and amenities for every age and every fitness level.
Besides maintaining good health now, regular activity in your 20s and 30s prepares your body for the future. This is the time to create good exercise and nutritional habits. Participate in:
- Strength training with free weights to promote muscle strength and endurance.
- Cardio / aerobic activity — such as spinning – for a great weight loss solution that improves overall fitness and helps prevent heart disease.
- Circuit training, which features both strength and cardio in an 11-minute intense workout. Also, consider exercising with one of our exhilarating group training classes – such as Group Active, Group Blast, Group Kick and Group Core.
As women reach their 40s, altered hormones begin to affect heart, bone and muscle health. Participate in regular physical activity that promotes heart health and builds muscle and bone strength (to prevent osteoporosis in later years).
- Cardio training helps maintain healthy blood pressure and cholesterol numbers.
- Cardio equipment such as ellipticals and treadmills will protect hips, knees and feet from impactful movements.
In our 50s, cardio health is still significant, but joints may begin experiencing fatigue or the chronic pain of arthritis. At this age, weight bearing and resistance exercises are major players, as are lower impact cardio activities such as walking or spinning.
- Functional training at our Austell gym is another option. Functional training targets muscles and joints and strengthens them for everyday activities such as vacuuming, lifting heavy grocery bags or bending to play with a toddler.
For seniors in their 60s and 70s, the Silver Sneakers fitness program is a lower impact exercise session for older adults. Silver Sneakers Yoga helps maintain flexibility, balance and range of motion.
Personal trainers are available to assess every age and level of fitness – and match each individual with an enjoyable fitness activity that matches capabilities. We want you to reach your health and fitness goals!
As always, before beginning any exercise program, always check with your physician — especially if you are overweight, have an existing medical condition or have been sedentary for a while.