Okay, so you know you need to go to the gym in St. Cloud and you may already be going, but maybe your workouts aren’t helping very much. You aren’t alone. So many people are making mistakes at the health club without a clue that they did something wrong. All they know is they keep working out and they aren’t seeing any changes. It seems so strange that you could go to the fitness center in St. Cloud, FL and not lose a pound, but the reality is if you are doing the wrong things, then you won’t achieve what you want. So, what could you be doing wrong? Here are six things that may be wrecking your workout.
- Using too many exercises. You may be convinced that you need to hit up every single weight machine in the gym for the best results, but that isn’t true. Many of those machines target the same muscles and using them all can overwork your body. Instead, find a handful of machines that work each muscle group individually and then use them for the best results.
- Going to gyms too often. You may think that if you go to the health club twice a day every day, you could drop more weight and build more muscle, but you will actually overreach and not give your muscles time to heal. Consider going three to four days a week instead.
- Doing only cardio. Yes, cardio is very important, but you need to mix it up with strength training. Spending an hour on the elliptical won’t accomplish much since your body can only benefit from the first thirty minutes of it.
- Doing too much. Your mind may tell you that if you push your limits and increase intensity, then you will get better results right away. However, doing this only puts you at risk of injury. You do need to push yourself, but not too far. Only use enough weight so that 10-11 reps are difficult but not impossible.
- Wasting too much time. If you want the best results from your workout, then you can’t spend time talking on the cell phone, fiddling with your playlists, or watching television. Additionally, if you plan a 45 minute workout, then you should not include warm up and cool down in that time frame.
- Letting others get to you. Yes, you may have to run on an elliptical next to a super fit gym god or goddess, but you can’t let that intimidate you. Try seeing them as a goal that you can achieve with your workouts.
The St. Cloud gyms are waiting for you, and can give you results if you use them right. So, instead of doing the same things that have been letting you down, make sure to avoid these six mistakes. When you work out the right way you will actually see results that you can be happy with.
5 Ways You’re Ruining Your Workouts, http://www.mensfitness.com/training/cardio/5-ways-youre-ruining-your-workouts?page=5