Group Cycle, Yoga, Pilates, Barre, Bodypump, BodyAttack, BodyStep, CXWORX, Aqua Fitness, Bootcamp, Insanity, Freestyle, etc.
Position Title: Group Exercise Instructor
Position Status: Part-time
Position Classification: Hourly
Reports to: Group Fitness Director
- Arrives at least 5 minutes prior to class time start.
- Ends class on time.
- Prepares choreography and music before class start.
- Builds and maintains a positive relationship with members.
- Listens to member complaints and suggestions and passes them onto the Group Fitness Director.
- Promotes one’s own classes, other instructors’ classes and any other gym events.
- Records class attendance.
- Assumes responsibility for finding substitutes. (post sub, mass email, phone calls — Group Fitness Director should be last resort in finding subs)
- Possesses thorough knowledge of, adheres to and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Reports any problems with the group exercise studios or equipment to the group exercise director.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all gym members and staff.
- Participates in all scheduled meetings as directed by Group Fitness Director.
- Provides a valid email address and replies to all emails within a timely manner.
- Keeps up with changes and updates on our internal scheduling website, GroupExPro. This must be checked at least once a week.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must hold current adult CPR.
- Must hold current certification by a nationally recognized association in group exercise, personal training or a specialty group exercise.
- Must be willing to obtain other certifications as directed by the Group Fitness Director.
- Must have knowledge of and be up-to-date on current trends and techniques within the arena of health & fitness.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Your certifications and experience will determine your base rate per class.
Full Membership for self (if you are a current member, full membership after owning a class for 90 days)
25% off all concessions and Gold’s apparel items
For any questions please e-mail our GGX Director – Kristin W. at firstname.lastname@example.org