Introduction to Hot Yoga
- Please arrive 15 mins. early, it is a 90 minute class.
- Bring a yoga mat, towel, plenty of water, something to put wet clothes in when done.
- Bottled water is available for purchase.
- Wear light and comfortable workout clothing (prepare to sweat).
HOT YOGA PROTOCOL
- NO late arrivals or early dismissals. Please arrive early.
- If an emergency arises and you must leave class, re-enter in between postures.
- Please leave cell phones, pages, handbags, and most personal belongings in designated areas outside of studio (locker rooms)
- Please be respectful of neighbors space and mirror alignment.
- Please refrain from speaking during class, except during group water breaks.
- Remove shoes/extra clothing, and place in lockers or cubbies.
- After class, please leave quietly observing silence for those remaining in savasana.
- Remember, it’s not a competition. Be positive, focus on your own practice and you will generate amazing results.
- Respect your body and what it tells you on any given day; each will be different.
- Drink lots of water the day before class. Headaches and cramping are signs of dehydration. What’s a lot? Double the usual amount… bottoms up.
- Come on an empty stomach, we recommend not eating at least 2 hrs. prior to class. If you need a snack make it something light… think banana, grapes, melon.
- It’s OK to lay down. If you’re not feeling like a superstar, lay down and give your mind and body time to recover. Do everything you can to stay in the room and remember to communicate with your instructor, they were a beginner once too.
BENEFIT (Sky is the limit)
- Builds flexibility, strength, stamina, and balance.
- Promotes overall health and well-being while uniting mental and physical health.
- Generate energy in the body and promotes weight loss.
- Improves functions of internal organs (i.e. digestions)
- Increase circulation and cardiovascular health.
- Detoxifies the body and improves injuries.
Many people find their first couple classes extremely challenging, mostly because it’s new and unfamiliar. After coming a few times, your muscles will start to remember and the postures, as well as their order, will become very familiar. First class comes with no expectations, just a positive attitude, a well hydrated body, and an open mind. We hope you will come to love hot yoga and all its benefits as much as we do.
Can’t wait to see you in class. Namaste.