9 Fun Fitness Facts
If you’ve been looking for some motivation to get your workout on, then here are some fun, fitness facts to get your brain working, and give you that little extra motivation.
1. There is no age limit when it comes to building muscle and keeping fit. Don’t let your age determine what you do, it’s up to you to keep fit and stay in shape.
2. When you are dehydrated, your body isn’t functioning at its maximum capacity. If a muscle is dehydrated by as little as 3%, its strength will decrease up to 10%. Remember to drink plenty of water if you’re working out.
3. If you have more muscle, your body needs more energy, even when you’re resting. The more muscle that your body has, the higher your metabolism will be. This means that even while resting, your body will burn higher amounts of fat, even while resting.
4. Sometimes you’ll be gaining weight, even while you lose fat. Remember, the scales aren’t always our friend. While burning fat, your body is building muscle, so pay closer attention to your measurements instead of your weight.
5. Fit people group together! Studies have shown that if you hang around with people who work out and stay in shape, you’ll be a lot more likely to work out too.
6. People that get their fitness on the outside are more likely to burn fat than those inside. Get outside, get some fresh air, and get in shape!
7. It will take your body, on average, twice as long to lose the muscle you’ve built, as it took it to build in the first place. The sooner you hit the gym, the sooner you’ll be getting those toned arms out.
8. There isn’t a perfect time to work out. Any time is the perfect time to work out, so there’s no excuses for you not to be at the gym!
9. Sleep can be one of the single most important ingredients to burning fat. If you’re not getting enough sleep, your body isn’t getting enough rest. Most studies have shown that 8.5 is the perfect amount.