Is heartburn making eating well and working out a real pain? One of the easiest ways to reduce your heartburn is by making these diet changes.
Diet Changes to Reduce Heartburn
- Start your day with oatmeal: Oatmeal helps lessen the impact of acidity in your diet. It’s also full of fiber and protein, low in calories and easy to prepare.
- Salads galore: As long as you’re careful to avoid acidic dressings, dig into leafy salads throughout the day to help reduce your heartburn. You’ll also benefit from the nutrients in salads, especially those that include kale and spinach.
- Be selective with fruits: Steer clear of fruits high in acidity. There are smart choices such as melon and bananas that usually keep heartburn at bay.
- Chicken and turkey: These protein choices help your muscles repair and grow and won’t intensify your heartburn like proteins that are higher in saturated fats, such as red meat and pork.
- Celery: Celery is a great choice for those who suffer from heartburn. It’s low in calories and helps suppress the appetite as well.
- Eat smaller meals: One way to reduce your heartburn is by eating smaller meals more frequently throughout the day.
- Avoid high-fat foods: This includes foods such as breakfast sausage and bacon and most fast-food items.
- Cut out caffeine and alcohol: These are great diet changes to make if you want to reduce your heartburn. Skipping these beverages will also help you drop some unwanted pounds and can improve your overall sleep quality too!
Blog Written By: Blaire Rummel