Stepping into Wellness
It is the small things we do day in and day out that lead to success. Every journey begins with one step and wellness is indeed a journey not a destination. Here are some helpful tips to getting a jump start on developing your habits of a healthy lifestyle!
- Be sure to drink water throughout the day! This will help reduce hunger and keep you energized and alkalized throughout the day. Spring water and purified water are ideal. Adding a fresh lemon will also alkalize the water and helps boost your metabolism. A great way to start the day is to drink a cup of warm water and lemon to help detoxify your body and speed up your digestion!
- Be sure to eat a healthy breakfast within an hour of waking up unless you will be working out first thing in the morning. Skipping meals will drastically slow down your metabolism and this is a proven fact. It would be better to have two meals and a meal replacement then just two meals. There are some great whole food breakfast options in the Club OS nutrition section so be sure to log on and check out the some of the recommended meal options.
- Plan out what you are going to eat for the following day. Just by thinking ahead of time what you will be eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner you are less likely to resort to fast or convenient foods. Whole food nutrition does not happen on the go. Meal planning can be one of the most helpful tools this program has to offer outside of your personal training sessions!
- Make a grocery shopping list and try to shop on the outside of the grocery store before going into the isles. Plan out healthy nutritious meals and think about making extra for dinner to have for lunch the next day especially your proteins and meats. If others in the house are not wanting to make healthy changes, think about making a big container of salad and veggies and swap out the pastas and starches. Raw vegetables hold a large amount of nutrients including vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients so salads are great with any meal. You will learn to love eating healthy because after as little as one week your energy level will be increasing and will eventually reach levels you may not have experienced in years!
- Schedule in your workouts and have a plan for what you are going to do! Treat these like they are appointments with yourself. Consider asking a friend to join you for a class. You are 80% more likely to be consistent with your workout routine if you have a workout partner. We have a great referral incentives program that can result in complimentary sessions to keep you training more times per week! Ask you trainer for some VIP guest passes and share the gift of health with those you love.
- REWARD yourself! Set a goal for how many times a week you are planning on working out and set a reward for yourself! We do not encourage food rewards but think about scheduling a massage, pedicure, buying a new workout outfit or pair of tennis shoes. Better yet plan a vacation or short getaway around your milestones and time lines. Rewards are a great way to stay focused and motivated!
- Set one goal a week for adding something into your diet or cutting something out. By making small changes you will find it easier to get into healthy routines that will be easy to continue for years to come! By committing to your health and making time to shop and prepare foods you will look back and be so thankful you did! By taking charge of your health you could be adding years onto your life!
- Never loose sight of your goal!!! Motivation gets us started but to many times we see members loose sight of their goals. Your why reasoning is a big motivator especially in the beginning. Stay focused on your SMART goals with clear time lines and visualize yourself having achieved your goal. Create a mental picture and try to get into the feeling of having accomplished your goals! Pull out those skinny jeans, surround yourself with people and things that inspire you to be active and be proud of yourself for making the decision to start living a healthier more satisfying life!!! Once you have momentum going, the maintenance of your healthy routines will be easy! It takes all the effort in the beginning but once you start getting results you will be amazed at how much easier it gets and it all starts with one step at a time and that time is NOW