The Fitness Consultant is responsible for promoting and selling memberships to potential new members and selling renewals/upgrades to current gym members.
• Generates sales through Company sponsored (walk-ins and TIs) and employee sponsored (outreach and promotions).
• Maintains accurate records of all Company-sponsored and employee-sponsored.
• Follows up on all prospects by using established Golds Gym sales systems.
• Conducts gym tours using established Golds Gym sales systems.
• Conducts telephone inquiries using established Golds Gym sales systems.
• Establishes and maintains a minimum of 10 lead boxes/bowls in the community on a monthly basis.
• Must establish and maintain a minimum required referral program as defined by Golds Gym Company standards.
• Maintain FC planner using established sales systems.
• Must be current on Golds Gym Company pricing and promotion schedule.
• Maintains information on club history, background, philosophy, facilities, staff and policies.
• Has a thorough knowledge of, adheres to, and enforces Company policies and procedures as they pertain to gym operations.
• Assumes responsibility for developing selling skills.
• Prepares for, attends and actively participates in sales meetings.
• Maintains a positive relationship with the rest of the staff. Supports other staff in achieving their goals
• Participates in all scheduled meetings as directed by the General Manager or Assistant General Manager.
• Successfully completes the FC Training courses.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• High school diploma
• Positive and upbeat attitude
• Excellent sales, communication and customer service skills.
• Must be able to successfully pass all testing requirements including gym tours, telephone inquiry, counselor planner audit, guest card audit, lead box/bowl program, referral program and corporate outreach program.
• Ability to achieve acceptable level of units per month.
• Thorough understanding of Golds Gyms membership sales systems.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Daily Sales Stat report and its contents.
• Basic computer skills.
Job Type: Full-time
• High school or equivalent
$7.25 per hour + commission per sale. $26,000 per year + for above average performance. Health Insurance after 90 days of employment.