Many of you know Jason, he’s been a member of the Gold’s Gym team since 2001 when he started teaching group fitness classes in Wappingers Falls in the Hudson Valley. In 2004 he moved to Syracuse and joined Gold’s Gym as a yoga instructor and has worn many hats over the years. If you know Jason, you’ve probably also witness his 50+ pound weight loss over the past year.
Yes, even folks working in gyms can fall victim to weight gain and Jason was no exception. When pressed for what made the difference, Jason credits three things: 1. the free mobile phone app, Myfitnesspal (which he used to track his caloric intake), 2. HIIT training (like the Afterburn classes offered at Gold’s) and 3. the MyZone Effort Tracker.
We asked Jason to share his 5 favorite things about the MyZone Effort Tracker with us, and here are his responses:
1. I can see exactly how many calories I burned during a workout. Instead of using predictive measurements taken at the wrist like a lot of fitness trackers, this is tracking my actual heart rate activity making the data super accurate. (I use Myfitnesspal to track calories in and MyZone to track calories out and aim for a deficit every day).
2. My MEPs – a MEP is a MyZone Effort Point – the harder I work, the more points I earn. I’m constantly trying to set new records and do whatever I can to increase my MEPs score, which means I’m always pushing myself harder = better workouts!
3. My trainer can log in and see my numbers. I can’t lie to my trainer about how many workouts I did last week, or how hard I pushed during those workouts. And that’s a good thing and a bad thing. But based on the way my pants are fitting, mostly a good thing.
4. My friends can motivate me. MyZone has a social component. My friends and workout buddies can like and comment on my workouts and we can even use the app to challenge each other for bragging rights (or to see who’s buying the first round this weekend).
5. Numbers don’t lie. At the end of the day, if you manage your numbers, you’re guaranteed results. I lost almost 60 pounds simply by using MyZone (with Myfitnesspal) to manage that caloric deficit every day. It just works.
Click here for a free, no-obligation demonstration of the MyZone Effort Monitoring System.