What is a personal trainer?
- A personal trainer is a person who guides people through their exercise program by focusing on the five classic components of fitness are muscular strength, muscular endurance, body composition, cardiovascular endurance, and flexibility, although there are other subsets like power, skill, and speed. The scope of practice of a personal trainer is to enhance the components of fitness for the general, healthy population. The general population is defined as an age range of 18 to about 50 (45 and younger for males, 55 and younger for females). The definition of healthy in this context means an absence of a disease that would affect one’s ability to exercise.
- Gold’s Gym is proud to have personal trainers with a wide scope of practice who can help all clients from any age group as well as any population including injury rehabilitation and chronic disease. Furthermore, a personal trainer will motivate and empower you to change your life for the better. Your personal trainer will be with you every step of the way to provide you with the guidance you need to guarantee that you achieve your results.
What education does a personal trainer have?
- Today most personal trainers possess a 2-4 year diploma or degree in Exercise Science or Kinesiology. Every personal trainer at Gold’s Gym holds a professional fitness certification. There are many different types of certifications provided by various governing bodies.
Who needs a personal trainer?
The simple answer is everyone!
- If you have never worked out before - a personal trainer will educate you about proper lifting techniques, biology and human physiology,
- If you need motivation - a personal trainer will motivate you to achieve your goals and hold you accountable to achieving them,
- If you start at the gym and quit soon after - a personal trainer will make things dynamic, give you the tools you need to stay interested and will not allow you to lose your focus,
- If you have been recently injured or are rehabilitating an injury - a personal trainer will design and or modify a program perfect for your unique set of circumstances to help ensure a safe and efficient recovery to full activity,
- If you are a competitive or professional athlete - a personal trainer will assist you with the most current dynamic and cutting edge exercises and training secrets to ensure that you perform to your peak potential and remain injury free.
How long is a personal training session?
- At Gold’s Gym all of our personal training sessions are 1 hour in length.
How much do sessions cost?
- Personal training session prices will vary based on how many sessions you are planning on purchasing and the level of trainer you select. All sessions packages have payment plans available and are affordable for anyone. At Gold’s Gym we have made hiring a personal trainer practical for anyone and everyone.
How do I get started with a personal trainer?
- Come into our location and speak with our Fitness Consultants or Fitness Services Manager.
- Call 403-752-4653 to book an appointment with our Fitness Services Manager
- Click the following link to fill our request form and we will get in touch with you ASAP.