The Personal Trainer is responsible for providing customized fitness programs to the customer that include education and guidance on proper nutrition, cardiovascular exercise, resistance training and other programs to help the member achieve their fitness goals.
- Generates sales leads through Company-sponsored (walk-ins) and employee sponsored (outreach and promotions)
- Maintains accurate records of all clienteles.
- Follows up on all prospects by using established sales systems.
- Must be current on Company pricing and promotion schedules.
- Maintains information on club history, background, philosophy, facilities, staff and policies.
- Has a thorough knowledge of, adheres to and enforces Company policies and procedures as they pertain to gym operations.
- Assumes responsibility for developing selling skills.
- Prepares for, attends and actively participates in sales meetings.
- Maintains a positive relationship with the rest of the staff. Supports other staff in achieving their goals.
- Successfully completed the Personal Training courses. Continually monitors facility, including locker rooms for cleanliness and tidiness.
- Achieves monthly revenue goal established by the Personal Training Manager.
- Works closely with sales team on involving new members in personal training.
- Conducts service appointments with members which includes body fat analysis, nutritional counseling, proper use of fitness equipment, proper form of exercises, etc.
- Consults with members to determine and define needs and problem areas.
- Conducts study or survey on members’ needs or problems to formulate appropriate solution to achieve desired fitness goals.
- Advises members on methods of solving needs or problems and recommends specific solutions.
- Determines members’ current physical status based on personal health and physical history.
- Develops an individual exercise program consistent with the members’ personal fitness and exercise goals.
- Educate and assist members on exercise equipment, physical fitness and realistic physical expectations.
- Continually monitors and assists members to ensure proper form is used when performing exercises.
- Maintaining the full 45 minute session with the client as the Personal Training contract states.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Current certification from a nationally recognized organization as defined in the most current Gold’s Gym certification guidelines approved by senior management.
- Must be willing to obtain certifications as defined by Company policy.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Experience in designing and implementing fitness regimens.
- Current CPR certification.
- College degree in fitness related field with practical work included is preferred. Less than college degree with certifications and practical experience is required.