Benefits of Racquetball at Our Lancaster Gym
If you are looking for a new sport to take up, one to consider is racquetball. This activity has only been around for a few decades, dating back to around 1969, but it has quickly become a popular sport. Because it is played indoors on an enclosed court, it can be a fun activity no matter the temperature outside, and that means if you live in Lancaster, you will have no problem enjoying racquetball, whether it’s the coldest months of winter or the hottest months of summer. Our Lancaster Fitness Center has you covered.
As far as health benefits, this sport has plenty of them as well, and it certainly is worth your attention. Consider some of these things that can help you become a healthier person.
• You will get about 20 minutes of cardio training for every racquetball game you play. That includes actually running around 3,000 feet per game too. All in all, you could easily burn 800 calories if you play the game for an hour. That means burning away fat easily, complementing any weight loss programs.
• You will keep your heart healthier too. Because it includes a good cardio workout, racquetball can help to reduce your chances of developing heart disease as you grow older.
• Racquetball is a very fast paced sport. That means when you play it regularly, it will help you build up better coordination and speed. You will find that you have more agility than you ever had otherwise.
• Because you have to constantly work on hand-eye coordination, the sport can also help you develop better vision. That’s because your brain will have to process information your eyes see much more quickly and efficiently.
• Of course, one of the biggest benefits of racquetball is that it is fun. Unlike some types of fitness routines that can be tiresome and repetitive, this sport offers something new every time you play.
If you choose to play racquetball in Lancaster PA, make sure you take the proper precautions, and that includes eye protection and wearing proper racquetball straps and shoes. There are dangers to the sport, but they can be largely avoided if you take these precautions before you play.
If you are looking for a place to play racquetball, there are many health clubs in Lancaster. The indoor courts mean you get to enjoy the activity all throughout the year. Since this is a fun sport, you can get a fantastic strength training workout without getting bored as well. You can enjoy building muscle, burning fat, and getting in better shape overall.