The Assistant General Manager (AGM) oversees all departments within the club when the General Manager (GM) and Fitness Manager (FM) are not in the facility and is responsible for ensuring member satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service to achieve the Companys financial objectives.
Depending on the needs of the business and/or department(s), the AGM may also complete other duties as assigned by the GM, Area Operations Supervisor (AOS), Vice President of Sales and Operations (VP), or Executive Management.
The AGM is expected to work weekends and holidays. The AGM is responsible and will be held accountable to weekend production and execution of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday revenue goals as well as Monday’s preparation. The AGM is expected to deliver weekend performance through both their personal production and through leading their weekend fitness counselor team to produce. This includes but is not limited to driving weekend guests through the generation of leads, appointments, and shows and ensuring the execution of our guest process to maximize all guests.
The AGM assists the GM to properly train and develop all employees through quality orientations, continuous direction and feedback and regular training and development. The AGM is responsible for leading and managing membership sales generation for the gym, including but not limited to: obtaining and generating leads, qualifying leads, enrolling new members and following up with them to ensure that they are satisfied with their experience and service with Gold’s Gym.
In addition to the above, the Assistant General Manager also leads fitness counselors by example and greets potential members, gives escorted tours of the facility and presents both GOLD’S GYM Membership and Personal Training options. The AGM is responsible for selling new membership and proactively generating leads through referrals and community outreach.
The AGM must be a fitness enthusiast that understands the value and benefits of exercising and be able to motivate members and guests to begin a healthy lifestyle. This individual must be outgoing and results oriented with a commitment to TEAM success.
Actual Duties performed may vary slightly as determined by Management. This detail-oriented individual possesses excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both staff and members.
Basic understanding of accounting principles, cash handling procedures, phone etiquette, and computer skills are required. Fitness and or retail experience are a plus. Applicants must be 18 years or older and have a High school Diploma or equivalent.
In addition to specific functional accountabilities, the AGM is expected to develop a broad skill set in order to understand the fundamental roles and duties of the GM. The AGM is able to &39;step in&39; to assist members and team members to resolve issues in those functions if the GM or FM is absent. The AGM&39;s development may involve formal cross-training, and/or informal activities.
- Maintains a high level of personal sales production (minimum requirements to be determined by Management).
- Establishes and maintains an active referral system with the sales team.
- Manage revenue streams for membership, retail, and personal training sales
- Oversees lead generation for the sales team through Company–sponsored (walk-ins and T.I.’s) and employee sponsored (referrals, and outreach).
- Motivates sales staff and monitors their production levels by using the established Gold’s Gym Washington protocols and sales system programs.
- Holds daily production meetings with the sales team on weekends.
- Establishes and maintains the standard company protocol for sales tours and price presentation.
- Works with GM to Maintain and direct training & development of the sales staff.
- Works with GM to develop and execute weekend game plans each weekend. The AGM will submit this game plan by Thursday each week to the AS.
- Responsible for helping GM to manage all sales systems to ensure that information is 100% accurate and submitted on a timely basis.
- As part of the Gym-management team helps to ensure that all gym staff are adhering to the staff uniform policy; including uniform and name tags at all times when on duty.
- Assist in coordinating all necessary actions involving gym employees as requested by the General Manager and Area Supervisor.
- Administers the Company’s Policies and Procedures with all employees.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to motivate staff in a positive manner.
- Possess good leadership qualities by possessing strong motivational, communication, team building and training skills.
- Be self-motivated and have strong sales skills to include the ability to overcome concerns.
- Should possess good organizational and management skills.
- Ability and experience in effectively motivating and managing a staff of sales-oriented employees.
- Be promotionally-oriented and have the ability to direct sales through Company required outreach programs.
- Must be able to accept management direction and adhere to Company polices.
- Must be willing to learn and adhere to new systems as the Company continues to grow.
- Must have a solid comprehensive knowledge of all facility operational, sales, and management systems.
- Proficient in the use of all software programs that are utilized by Gold’s Gym and specifically at the facility.
- Achieve acceptable level of units per month on an ongoing basis.
- Must have completed all Gold’s internal sales training and Lightspeed modules.
- Possess complete understanding of the Assistant General Manager Position description and understand the AGM compensation plan.
- Strong comprehension of all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Sets and upholds the Company’s standards of acceptable behavior and conduct by adhering to all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Educates and holds all employees accountable to Company policies, procedures and standards of acceptable behavior and conduct.
- Guides all employees to make effective and ethical decisions on a daily basis.
- Positive representative for the Company as a leader in the fitness industry by demonstrating professionalism at all times before or after hours.
- Have a strong moral and ethical code and demonstrate integrity in all employee and member interactions.
Click here to Apply Today