The Front Desk Lead directs and controls all facets of the front desk including Kids Club operations with an emphasis on member service and overall gym administration. Additionally the Front Desk Lead must be knowledgeable about Company policies and enforce them accordingly.
The Front Desk Associate greets, assists and directs members, guests, staff and callers as they enter, exit or call the gym. This position provides assistance to members and guests regarding inquiries about gym operations & policies and performs various administrative duties.
Actual Duties performed may vary slightly as determined by Management. This detail-oriented individual possesses excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both staff and members. Basic understanding of accounting principles, cash handling procedures, phone etiquette, and computer skills are required.
This individual is self-motivated and possesses strong organizational and management skills coupled with the ability to handle challenging customer service issues with patience, tact and professionalism.
- Manage Front Desk Associates and Kid’s Club Attendants to ensure policies and procedures as outlined in the Gold’s Gym (GG) Operations Manual and Kid’s Club Operations Manual are followed at all times.
- Manage and motivate Front Desk Associates and Kid’s Club Associates to emphasize superior customer service.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings with these departments.
- Budgets and schedules Front Desk and Kid’s Club staff coverage.
- Ensure that all employees are wearing proper uniform attire and nametags.
- Position is a scheduled front desk position in addition to supervisory duties. Exception is that this incumbent will be scheduled to work during peak hours.
- Ensures that Front Desk and Kid’s Club are functioning according to GG Policy and Procedure.
- Manages and controls all front desk binders, Personal Training & Master Appointment books, Maintenance Log and Daily Tracking Log according to GG Policy and Procedure.
- Directs and controls all gym walk-thru’s with potential customers.
- Communicates with the General Manager (GM) and the Area Operations Manager (AOM) regarding ways to improve Front Desk and Kid’s Club operations.
- Oversees “Lost and Found” items and their storage.
- Inspect cash register drawer counts and complete after-shift reports.
- Responsible for the control of cash deposit by assisting the GM with ensuring the daily deposit is made on time.
- Properly manage and maintain operational and payroll budget.
- Processes the Daily Service Revenue (DSR) and Daily Tracking Log (DTR) on a daily basis.
- Manage and support retail, concession and tanning sales and promotions.
- Completes a bi-weekly Inventory Cycle Count.
- Conducts daily and month-end retail and concession inventories.
- Inventory Control to include locking up storage, receiving and reconciling incoming merchandise.
- Hires, trains and supervises all Front Desk and Kid’s Club Associates.
- Ensures that all Kid’s Club Associates are thoroughly trained on Kid’s Club operations.
- Works with the Area Operations Manager (AOM) and Human Resources (HR) on payroll processing and other HR issues for the Gym.
- Serves as liaison with the AOM and HR Dept.
- Attends required training and management meetings.
- Maintains monthly Front Desk staffing schedules.
- Be self-motivated and have strong organizational and management skills.
- Possess thorough understanding of company mission, goals and how his/her facility will participate in these areas.
- Exhibit a superior sense of customer service at all times.
- Possess good leadership abilities.
- Must have positive attitude and be able to motivate staff in a positive manner.
- Must promote team spirit in the workplace.
- Possess strong motivational, communication, team building and training skills.
- Excellent communication, organization and customer service skills.
- Understanding of basic cash handling procedures.
- Ability to handle challenging customer issues with patience, tact and professionalism.
- Strong comprehension of all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Sets and upholds the Company’s standards of acceptable behavior and conduct by adhering to all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Educates and holds all front desk and kid’s club employees accountable to Company policies, procedures and standards of acceptable behavior and conduct.
- Guides all front desk and kids club employees to make effective and ethical decisions on a daily basis.
Click here to Apply Today