The General Manager (GM) creates and maintains customer-driven operations. The GM oversees all departments within the club to ensure member satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service to achieve the Companys financial objectives.
This position requires experience in all phases of club management including; general operations, sales and budget / forecast management, marketing, public relations, human resources, club hygiene, safety and maintenance. Depending on the needs of the business and/or department(s), the GM may also complete other duties as assigned to advance a particular project or resolve a club issue.
The GM sets and achieves the highest standard in club management, employee experience, member experience and financial results. The GM properly trains and develops all employees through quality orientations, continuous direction and feedback and monthly refresher courses. The GM fosters a teamwork environment through education, motivation, coaching, counseling, performance evaluations and recognition. The GM also provides Human Resources and Upper Management with important feedback regarding employee promotions and possible career paths.
The GM is responsible for leading and managing membership sales generation for the gym, including but not limited to; obtaining and generating leads, qualifying leads, enrolling new members and following up with them to ensure that they are satisfied with their experience and service with Gold’s Gym.
The GM is also responsible for recruiting, hiring and training new Fitness Consultants as well as managing, motivating and training existing Fitness Consultants. Additionally the GM consistently demonstrates the ability to groom and develop existing Fitness Consultants to step into future General Manager Positions within the Company.
- Manage revenue streams for membership, retail, and personal training sales
- Manages, hires, trains and develops sales staff.
- Generates sales leads through Company–sponsored events while coordinating with the regional marketing function locally.
- Oversees lead generation for the sales team through Company–sponsored (walk-ins and T.I.’s) and employee sponsored (outreach and promotions).
- Motivates sales staff and monitors their production levels by using the established Gold’s Gym protocols and sales system programs.
- Holds daily production meetings with the sales team.
- Establishes and maintains the standard company protocol for sales tours and price presentation.
- Maintains and directs training & development of the gym sales staff.
- Establishes and maintains an active referral system with the sales team.
- Establishes and maintains a lead box system and monitors them on a monthly basis.
- Develops and retains corporate client relationships through the sales team on a monthly basis.
- Audits the sales team on a monthly basis.
- Maintains acceptable levels of personal sales production.
- Submits monthly game plans for training, promotions and department meetings to the Area Supervisor.
- Creates, implements and promotes special events for the gym with regional marketing to generate new membership sales.
- Directly responsible for managing all sales systems to ensure that information is 100% accurate and submitted on a timely basis.
- As part of the Gym-management team helps to ensure that all gym staff are adhering to the staff uniform policy; including uniform and name tags at all times when on duty.
- Assist in coordinating all necessary actions involving gym employees as requested by the Vice President, Sales & Club Operations
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to motivate staff in a positive manner.
- Possess good leadership qualities by possessing strong motivational, communication, team building and training skills.
- Be self-motivated and have strong sales skills to include the ability to overcome concerns.
- Should possess good organizational and management skills.
- Ability and experience in effectively motivating and managing a staff of sales-oriented employees.
- Be promotionally-oriented and have the ability to direct sales through Company required outreach programs.
- Must be able to accept management direction and adhere to Company polices.
- Must be willing to learn and adhere to new systems as the Company continues to grow.
- Must have a solid comprehensive knowledge of all facility operational, sales, and management systems.
- Proficient in the use of all software programs that are utilized by Gold’s Gym and specifically at the facility.
- Achieve acceptable level of units per month on an ongoing basis.
- Must have completed all Gold’s internal sales training and Lightspeed modules.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Daily Club Comp. & Club Revenue report and its contents in regards to affecting positive change in weak performance areas.
- Poses complete understanding of the General Manager Position description and understand the GM compensation plan.
- Strong comprehension of all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Sets and upholds the Company’s standards of acceptable behavior and conduct by adhering to all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Educates and holds all employees accountable to Company policies, procedures and standards of acceptable behavior and conduct.
- Guides all employees to make effective and ethical decisions on a daily basis.
- Positive representative for the Company as a leader in the fitness industry by demonstrating professionalism at all times before or after hours.
- Have a strong moral and ethical code and demonstrate integrity in all employee and member interactions.
Click here to Apply Today