The Fitness Manager is responsible for the overall function of the Personal Training department to attain short and long term Company financial goals. Primary responsibilities include recruiting, hiring, developing, training, and supervising qualified Personal Trainers.
In addition Fitness Managers monitor the scheduling and fulfillment of new member First Workout Orientations while driving club profitability via revenue generation and expense management.
Managing revenue production includes the achievement of Personal Training monthly budgets along with the enforcement of Company Policies and Procedures. Other duties are assigned as needed including new member enrollment and member services.
The Fitness Manager manages and develops the fitness department; provides training and leadership for new and existing trainers, ensures Personal Trainers are scheduled for training delivery to clients and work with all gym personnel in involving them in fitness education and personal training sales.
Fitness Managers conduct fitness consultations, assessments and personal training sessions with members. Fitness Managers develop unique and individualized programs that ensure client satisfaction and enhancement of personal fitness goals. Additional responsibilities include assisting, monitoring, and instructing clients to safely and effectively use club equipment. Fitness Managers must maintain a consistent client base and provide exceptional customer service to members and guests.
Candidates must be at least 18 years or older, have a High school diploma or equivalent and have a nationally recognized Personal Training certification. This individual must have clear and effective written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to demonstrate and/or effectively explain the use of equipment and services. Enthusiastic, friendly, and positive demeanor is a must. Previous management experience is a plus.
- Generate personal training revenue by offering additional services to new and existing members.
- Hires / terminates, trains and maintains accurate records of all personal training staff (CPR, CEU’s, CPT and applicable Exercise Related Degrees).
- Reviews/audits all monies collected and payroll generated from personal training revenue.
- Designs and implements additional service seminar and educational items.
- Oversees daily operations for assessments and Personal Training.
- Conducts training meetings and educational seminars for Personal Training staff.
- Handles member complaints and suggestions as they pertain to personal training.
- Follows up with potential clients by using 30-day Call Back log.
- Conducts gym tours.
- Maintains Fitness Appointment Scheduled Section in Master Appointment book.
- Conducts Personal Training sessions for members.
- Maintains PT sign off sheets, Informed Consent log, and Doctor Releases.
- Maintains and monitors accurate records in regards to Company generated reports and follows up accordingly.
- Maintains current knowledge of Company pricing and promotions regarding Personal Training.
- Maintains information on club history, background, philosophy, facilities, staff and policies.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of, adheres to and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for developing selling skills for Personal Training staff.
- Maintains a positive relationship with entire gym staff.
- Participates in all scheduled meetings as directed by General Manager.
- Must have completed all Gold’s internal Personal Training Lightspeed modules.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Daily Club Comp. & Club Revenue report and its contents in regards to affecting positive change in weak performance areas.
- Possess complete understanding of the Fitness Manager (FM) Position description and understand the FM compensation plan.
- Sets and upholds the Company’s standards of acceptable behavior and conduct by adhering to all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Educates and holds all Personal Training employees accountable to Company policies, procedures and standards of acceptable behavior and conduct.
- Guides all Personal Training employees to make effective and ethical decisions on a daily basis.
- Positive representative for the Company as a leader in the fitness industry by demonstrating professionalism at all times before or after hours.
- Have a strong moral and ethical code and demonstrate integrity in all employee and member interactions.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Poses a well-developed understanding and use of management skills such as recruitment, selection, training and development, coaching, goal setting, performance management, delegation and organization.
- Must hold a current certification from ACSM, ACE, NASM, or NSCA.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Exercise Related Field is preferred.
- 1 year of professional experience in the Fitness Industry or 6 months as a Lead Personal Trainer with Gold’s Gym.
- Must be willing to obtain other certifications as directed by the Company.
- Must have knowledge of and be up-to-date on current trends and techniques within the personal training arena of health & fitness.
- Must have current CPR, CPT, CEU’s and AED certification.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Click here to Apply Today