The Fitness Consultant is responsible for promoting and selling memberships to potential new members and selling renewals/upgrades to current gym members.
The Fitness Consultant greets potential members, gives escorted tours of the facility and presents both GOLD’S GYM Memberships and Personal Training options. In addition to selling new memberships Fitness Consultants proactively generate leads through Community Outreach and Corporate Sponsorship.
Fitness Consultants must be fitness enthusiasts that understand the value and benefits of exercising and be able to motivate members and guests to begin a healthy lifestyle. This individual must be outgoing and results oriented with a commitment to TEAM success.
Actual Duties performed may vary slightly as determined by Management. This detail-oriented individual possesses excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both staff and members.
Basic understanding of accounting principles, cash handling procedures, phone etiquette, and computer skills are required. Sales, fitness, and/or retail experience are a plus. Applicants must be 18 years or older and have a High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Responsible for obtaining leads from within the community using company tools/processes through various outreach marketing programs (i.e. Local Promotions, Community Outreach, Grass Roots Marketing, Lead Box Program, Corporate Onsite Sales Events, etc).
- Responsible for obtaining leads from within the club and member base using company tools/processes to generate referral and renewal leads.
- Responsible for contacting all leads as directed by the General Manager to drive guest traffic into the club.
- Tour potential members through the club and describe club services, facility, equipment, amenities.
- Consults with potential new members to determine and define needs and problem areas and help members to make buying decisions regarding club membership and personal training services.
- Follow up with new members that have enrolled to ensure we are meeting and/or exceeding expectations and build referral lead base.
- Maintain member satisfaction at all times through exceptional customer service. This would include but is not limited to working the front desk, maintaining member relations, and addressing member concerns throughout the club.
- Continually monitors facility, including locker rooms for cleanliness and tidiness.
- Achieves monthly personal sales goals established by the General Manager.
- Attend daily production meetings conducted by club management.
- Follows the standard company protocol for guest qualification, sales tours, and price presentation.
- Works closely with fitness team on involving new members in personal training.
- This position may include potential travel/transfer between Gold’s Gym franchise locations, depending on company need and other factors.
- Must complete sales training and orientation as defined by Company policy.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Positive representative for the Company as a leader in the fitness industry by demonstrating professionalism at all times before or after hours.
- Have a strong moral and ethical code and demonstrate integrity in all employee and member interactions.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles, cash handling procedures, phone etiquette, and computer skills.
- 1-2 years sales, fitness, and/or retail experience is preferred.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
Click here to Apply Today