While you shouldn’t drink six or seven cups a day, I think it’s important to cut coffee some slack. If you avoid high-calorie, sugar-laden creamers and limit caffeine, there are some major perks. Let’s go over the top five benefits of drinking coffee!
Benefits of Drinking Coffee
- Boosts energy: Of course we need to start here! Coffee can help wake you up and boost your energy when your day is dragging.
- Curbs appetite: The caffeine in coffee can help keep hunger at bay. Score!
- Lowers the risk of stroke and heart disease: Yup! Drinking a few cups a day is reportedly shown to help lower your risk of stroke and can even assist in warding off heart disease.
- Blocks the sun? Can you believe it? New long-term studies are showing that coffee can lessen your risk of skin cancer. Don’t leave your sunblock at home after reading this, but enjoy the fact that you are quite possibly aiding in your defense against melanoma.
- Improved mood: Coffee can give you a lift when you feel down or even depressed. You can bring some “sunshine” into your life with a cup of joe. That’s a win in my book! Don’t you agree?