The Senior Fitness Manager will manage and develop the fitness department at multiple assigned gyms with in their region; providing training and leadership for new and existing Fitness Managers, assisting them in techniques to schedule the delivery of training to clients and work with them to help educate all gym personnel regarding specific fitness information and how to execute Personal Training
- Manage Fitness Managers at the individual gyms to generate personal training revenue by offering personal training services to new and existing members.
- Hires, train and terminates gym Fitness Managers based on the performance of training duties and the financial sales achieved.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of, adheres to and enforces company policies and procedures, both in general and specifically in the realm of Personal training.
- Assumes responsibility for developing selling skills for both the Fitness Manager and the overall Personal Training staff.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all gym staffs.
- Participates in as many scheduled meetings at the assigned gyms as scheduled by respective General Gym Managers.
- Trains the Fitness Manager on how to maintain accurate records of thier personal training staff (CPR and all Certifications as well as college-level Degrees).
- Reviews the procedures used for all monies collected from personal training revenue at the all the assigned gym locations.
- Designs and implements additional service seminars and other educational sessions.
- Responsible for the method in which personal assessments are performed and then how Personal Training is determined.
- Conducts training meetings and educational seminars for Fitness managers and their Personal Training staff.
- Handles the difficult gym member complaints and trains the Fitness Manager on how to do the same.
- Monitors the method in which the personal training staff follows up with potential prospects by using 30-day Call Back log.
- Monitors the content of a standard gym tour.
- Maintains a personal PT session sheets, an Informed Consent log, and Doctor Releases for select direct customers and also monitors this process for the Fitness Managers at the gyms.
- Maintains and applies at their assigned gyms the current Company pricing and promotions regarding Personal Training.
- Maintains information on club history, background, philosophy, facilities, staff and policies for customer development and public awareness.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Fitness Senior Managers.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must posses well-developed understanding and use of management skills such as recruitment, selection, training and development, coaching, goal setting, performance management, delegation and organization
- Must hold a current certification from the National Academy of Sports Medicine, ACSM, NSCA or ACE.
- Bachelors degree in Exercise-Related Field is preferred.
- 4 years of professional experience in the Fitness Industry.
- Must be willing to obtain other certifications as directed by Corporate Policy.
- Must have knowledge of and be up-to-date on current trends and techniques within the personal training arena of health & fitness.
- Must have current CPR, CPT, CEUs and AED certification
- Excellent management, communication and customer service skills