The Gym Sales Manager will be responsible for leading and managing membership sales generation in a gym. This includes all aspects of sales including: obtaining and generating leads, qualifying leads, enrolling new members and following up with them to ensure they are satisfied with their experience and service with Golds Gym. This position is also responsible for recruiting, hiring and training
Major Responsibilities:Sales Duties:
- Manage, hire, train and develop sales staff.
- Generates sales leads through Companysponsored events while coordinating with the regional marketing function locally.
- Oversees lead generation for sales team through Companysponsored (walk-ins and TIs) and employee sponsored (outreach and promotions).
- Motivate sales staff and monitor their production levels by using the established Golds protocols and sales system programs.
- Hold daily production meeting with sales team.
- Establish and maintain the standard company protocol for sales tours and price presentation.
- Maintain and direct training & development of the gym sales staff.
- Establish and maintain an active referral system with the sales team.
- Establish and maintain a lead box/lead bowl system and monitor on a monthly basis.
- Develop and retain corporate client relationships through the sales team on a monthly basis.
- Audit sales team on a monthly basis.
- Maintain acceptable level of personal sales production.
- Submit monthly game plan for training, promotions and department meetings to General Manager and Area Manager.
- Create, implement and promote special events for the gym with regional marketing to generate new member sales.
- Directly responsible for managing all sales systems to ensure that information is 100% accurate and submitted on a timely basis.
- As part of the Gym-management team help ensure that all gym staff are adhering to the staff uniform policy; including uniform and name tags at all times when on duty.
- Assist in coordinating all necessary actions involving gym employees as requested by the General Manager.
- Administers the Companys policies and procedures with in the Sales Team.
- Can be a fill in for the Gym Manager as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have positive attitude and be able to motivate staff in a positive manner.
- Possess good leadership qualities by possessing strong motivational, communication, team building and training skills.
- Be self-motivated and have strong sales skills which includes the ability to close deals.
- Should possess good organizational and management skills.
- Ability and experience in effectively motivating and managing a staff of sales-oriented employees.
- Be promotionally-oriented and have the ability to direct sales through company required outreach programs.
- Must be able to accept management direction and adhere to Company polices.
- Must be willing to learn and adhere to new systems as Company continues to grow.
- Must have a solid comprehensive knowledge of all facility operational, sales, and management systems.
- Proficient in the use of all software programs that are utilized by Golds Gym and specifically at the facility.
- Achieve acceptable level of units per month on an ongoing basis.
- Must have completed all Golds internal sales training CDs.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Daily Sales Stat report and its contents in regard to affecting positive change in weak performance areas.
- Possess complete understanding of the Assistant General Manager position description and understand the sales compensation plan.
- Must be able to successfully pass all internal training testing requirements including gym tours, telephone inquiry, counselor planner audit, guest card audit, lead box/bowl program, referral program and corporate outreach program.
- Thorough understanding of all company policies and procedures.
- College degree preferred. High school diploma and some college courses completed is required.