The Fitness Manager will manage and develop the fitness department in an assigned gym; provide training and leadership for new and existing personal trainers, ensure personal trainers are scheduled for training delivery to clients and work with all gym personnel in involving them in fitness education and sales. Responsible for overall revenue generation of Personal Training sales to attain s
- Generate personal training revenue by offering additional services to new and existing members
- Hires/terminates, trains and maintains accurate records of all personal training staff (CPR and Certification of Degree)
- Reviews/audits all monies collected and payroll generated from personal training revenue
- Designs and implements additional service seminar and educational items
- Oversees daily operations for assessments and Personal Training
- Conducts training meetings and educational seminars for Personal Training staff
- Handles member complaints and suggestions as they pertain to personal training
- Follows up with potential prospects by using 30-day Call Back log
- Conducts gym tours
- Maintains Fitness Appointment Scheduled Section in Master Appointment book
- Maintains PT session sheets, an Informed Consent log, and Doctor Releases
- Maintains current knowledge of Company pricing and promotions regarding Personal Training
- Maintains information on club history, background, philosophy, facilities, staff and policies
- Possesses thorough knowledge of, adheres to and enforces company policies and procedures
- Assumes responsibility for developing selling skills for Personal Training staff
- Maintains a positive relationship with entire gym staff
- Participates in all scheduled meetings as directed by General Manager
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must posses well-developed understanding and use of management skills such as recruitment, selection, training and development, coaching, goal setting, performance management, delegation and organization
- Must hold a current certification from the National Academy of Sports Medicine, ACSM, NSCA or ACE.
- Bachelors degree in Exercise-Related Field is preferred.
- 2 years of professional experience in the Fitness Industry.
- Must be willing to obtain other certifications as directed by Corporate Policy.
- Must have knowledge of and be up-to-date on current trends and techniques within the personal training arena of health & fitness.
- Must have current CPR, CPT, CEUs and AED certification
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Dedicated club hours will be between 4 pm and 8pm.