Tips from the Trainer: Jumpstart Your Workout Routine with Protien-Enriched Tuna Patties
Gold's Gym Killeen, TX Fitness Manager, Heidi Giles shares her secret tuna patty recipe to help fitness enthusiasts power through their workouts.
Looking for a new and easy way to take in more protein? Gold's Gym Killeen, TX Fitness Manager, Heidi Giles shares her secret tuna patty recipe to help fitness enthusiasts power through their workouts.
Recipe for Protein in 3 Simple Steps:
- 2 large cans chunk white tuna (680 g)
- 1 cup (about 6) egg whites (200 g)
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats ( 60 g)
- Add any spices you like
- Compress ALL liquid from the canned tuna. In a large mixing bowl, break the chunks down.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and add oatmeal. Add this mixture and any seasonings or spices to the tuna.
- Divide the mixture into 8 patties and fry in a pan with PAM or MCT oil. Flip when lightly brown, and cook the opposite side.
Nutritional information for each patty using PAM:
- Calories: 129.5
- Protein: 22.5g
- Fat: 1.82g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3g
Need more carbohydrates? Add more oats.
Need more fat? Add an egg yolk or two.
Need more protein? Eat two!