The Personal Trainer is responsible providing customized fitness programs to the customer that include education and guidance on proper nutrition, cardiovascular exercise, resistance training and other programs to help the member achieve their fitness goals. The three levels (I, II and III) of personal trainer relate to years experience, certifications acquired, variety of training techniques in
- Conducts service appointments with members which includes body fat analysis, nutritional counseling, proper use of fitness equipment, proper form of exercises, etc.
- Consults with members to determine and define needs and problem areas.
- Conducts study or survey on membersí needs or problems to formulate appropriate solution to achieve desired fitness goals.
- Advises members on methods of solving needs or problems and recommends specific solutions.
- Determines membersí current physical status based on personal health and physical history.
- Develops an individual exercise program consistent with the membersí personal fitness and exercise goals.
- Educate and assist members on exercise equipment, physical fitness and realistic physical expectations.
- Continually monitors and assists members to ensure proper form is used when performing exercises.
- Continually monitors facility, including locker rooms for cleanliness and tidiness.
- Achieves monthly revenue goal established by the Fitness Manager.
- Works closely with sales team on involving new members in personal training.
- This position may travel between GGI locations, depending on client need and other factors.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Current certification from a nationally recognized organization as defined in the most current Goldís Gym certification guidelines approved by Senior management.
- Must be willing to obtain certifications as defined by Company policy.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Experience in designing and implementing fitness regimens.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current AED certification.
- College degree in fitness related field with practical work included is preferred. Less than college degree with certifications and practical experience is required.
< Back to Job Listing