Gold’s Gym Flanders
Position Title: Front Desk Associate
Position Status: Full-time or Part-time
The Front Desk Associate will greet and direct members, guests and staff as they enter the gym and provide control of the front door location. This position will provide assistance to members’ requests along with inquiries about gym operations & policies as well as perform various administrative duties as directed by the Gym manager or Operations supervisor.
- Greet members and guests promptly, enthusiastically and with a smile to create a friendly positive entrance into the gym.
- Says “Hello” to all incoming guests and says “Good-bye” to all outgoing guests.
- Checks each member into the gym using the proper check-in procedures.
- Register all guests into the gym using proper registration procedures.
- Ensures that guests and appointments are directed to the appropriate fitness consultant in a prompt, professional manner.
- Answers phone by the third ring in a professional and courteous manner and uses proper phone greeting techniques.
- Addresses caller’s requests and/or takes appropriate messages.
- Registers all telephone inquiries in the TI register in the Master Production Binder and transfers the call to the appropriate Fitness Consultants.
- Responds immediately to member requests, inquiries and concerns.
- Maintain neat appearance and wears proper uniform attire with nametag while on duty.
- Distributes keys, towels and other materials as needed.
- Processes retail and concession sales.
- Cleans and maintains the front desk area according to Company standards.
- Responsible for gym walk-thru as designated in walk-thru log.
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures as assigned.
- Logs all maintenance concerns that are reported.
- Notifies management of gym incidents that requires incident reports.
- Works when scheduled and adheres to company attendance policies.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Gym Operations Supervisor.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both staff and members.
- Functional computer skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task is very helpful to successfully perform duties.
- Complete On-Site Training