Most of us know that eating certain foods help keep the body in tip top shape and performing at its best, but one of the most overlooked ways is how it supports healthier and more youthful looking skin! Read on!
Eating can help your skin look better? Huh, who would have ever thought? It’s true, what you put on the inside of your body is going to have an effect on the outside of your body. So, think of it like this: If you are putting greasy, fatty, dull and colorless food into your body, what do you think you are going to be getting out of it? Not the face of a supermodel. I can tell you that much.
Below are some of the best healthy and natural foods that support healthier, glowing and more youthful looking (and feeling) skin.
- Dark Chocolate: Chocolate? Well, I guess I can suffer through eating some chocolate for the good of my skin! Dark chocolate is packed full of antioxidants which are great for your skin. Antioxidants provide the tools your skin needs to keep itself bright looking and clear from imperfections like acne and redness. Since dark chocolate is made up of cocoa, it will also contain the benefits it provides of hydration. By keeping the skin hydrated, you are promoting better elasticity.
- Walnuts: These nuts are made up of fatty acids. Our bodies need fatty acids. They support the skin by helping it become soft. Not to mention the fatty acids these nuts provide will really help clear up the skins complexion!
- Kale: Ah, the super food of all super foods. And for good reason too! Kale is filled with high levels of iron. Iron provides the skin with the ability to ward off redness and inflammation that many of us all too often have to deal with.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: OK. I’m not crazy enough to think that you will be willing to chug a bottle of apple cider vinegar so that you can have better looking skin. I’m also not asking for that. I’m simply suggesting adding a small amount into your foods every now and then! Most commonly, this vinegar is used topically on the skin. But for those who can’t stand the smell, it can be consumed. Apple Cider Vinegar is a very strong and potent liquid but it’s worth sticking it out if it does awesome things like clear up acne breakouts! Apple Cider Vinegar is best known for its skin benefits because of its ability to kill the bacteria that causes acne in the first place.
- Oysters: If you don’t like walnuts, but love seafood, then this is the next best option for you! Oysters are also filled with fatty acids. The Omega-3 fatty acids in these will assist in preventing chronic acne. That’s right. Chronic. Studies show that those who have a deficiency in Omega-3 fatty acids, are more susceptible to dealing with chronic acne; as opposed to the small little bumps we may see here and there.
- Sweet Potatoes: I don’t know about you, but I would much rather be confused for looking younger than my actual age, not older. Premature aging is a common problem with skin in many people. Vitamin A is great for preventing the signs of premature aging. Sweet potatoes provide beta-carotene which is a source of Vitamin A.
Wouldn’t you rather eat foods that will cause your skin to look years younger than it actually is and has such a better feel? These foods are guaranteed to support so many positive traits for your skin. Give them a try for a few weeks and I guarantee you will see great results sooner than you may expect!
If you want more tips on how healthy foods can benefit you and what not so good things unhealthy foods have been doing to you, come visit us at Gold’s Gym of Douglasville! We would love nothing more to help educate you on the best ways to keep yourself in the best health possible!
Come in for free with this no-obligation 7 Day Pass!