By: Betsy Stevens NCCPT | Click here to find me on Facebook
Are you constantly finding reasons to talk yourself out of going to the gym? You might be saying something to yourself like, “All I do is walk on the treadmill anyway” or, “I’m not going to be able to get a good workout in with the time I have available today; I better just skip.” Maybe you are even one of the MANY gym goers who are intimidated by the sheer look of gym machines with all of their pulley systems and plate loading racks. And those dumbbells? You don’t even know where to begin with those things.
The gym can be a scary place! A recent poll revealed that 1 out of every 3 gym goers -new and old members- said they aren’t comfortable taking on the equipment and free weights that the gym provides them. So what do they do? They stay places where it feels safe for them. Places like the cardio deck, which usually consist of the user friendly treadmills, recumbent bikes and ellipticals.
Wouldn’t it be great if there was a place that had very user friendly equipment that gave you a full body workout and you could even sign up to have someone take you around all those machines so you could feel confident using them on your own? I’ve got some great news! Gold’s Gym on Hospital Drive in Douglasville has such a place! It’s our 11 Minute Express Circuit and its EXACTLY what you need if you struggle with having a time efficient workout or are searching for equipment that isn’t completely over whelming.
What is the 11 Minute Express Circuit?
- It is a full body workout; meaning these machines cover each of the major muscle areas of your body from head to toe in only 11 minutes!
Why is the Circuit right for me?
- If you have a hectic schedule but still know how important it is to get in your resistance training in at least 3-4 days a week then these are the machines for you! The entire circuit takes only 11 minutes to complete.
- You will be going through a resistance training workout that is going to cover your whole body and won’t just have you focusing on one area in particular.
- It really is SO EASY! The circuit machines are designed to be incredibly user friendly and not intimidating like the average gym piece.
- With large printed pictures portraying the motions for you to do on each and every machine, you are bound to feel nothing but confident in your abilities to use the machines each time you step in the circuit room!
How does it work?
- The equipment in this room is numbered in order from 1-10 and also has the machines name clearly labeled on it.
- The full 11 minutes is ran by a timer on the wall.
- All the machines in this room are controlled by a tension system that is managed by you! You will choose your desired tension by pushing in the knobs to the resistance number (1-12) that you feel comfortable using. There is no shame in starting off lighter! I suggest starting out at a 3 to get a good idea of what you are working with! Get to know the machines and give yourself a couple of times using the circuit to find your perfect resistance.
What will I be doing?
- You will begin at the machine marked with the #1 on it- the Squat machine! You will hear a “ding” and that is the circuit timer signaling to you that its time to begin your workout on that piece of equipment!
- The timer will be counting down from 40 seconds. During that time, you will work on that machine at a slow, steady and controlled pace so that you are getting the most out of your workout.
- When it is time for you to move on from that machine, you will hear another “ding” from the timer.
- The timer will now be counting down from 20 seconds. Use this time to wipe down your machine, get into position and set your weight resistance on the next machine.
See? That doesn’t sound so bad now, does it? Another great thing about the 11 Minute Express Circuit, is that there are two of each machine, so you and a friend can go through the circuit together!
CLICK HERE to get a FREE VIP trial pass! Before you come, call us and ask to set up an appointment with one of our Circuit Trainers. They will be more than helpful in assisting you with learning all that you can about what the equipment has to offer and how you can best benefit from each piece! We look forward to seeing you soon!