By: Betsy Stevens NCCPT | Click here to find me on Facebook
Did you know that there are foods out there that actually enhance your mood? These foods can keep you upbeat, energetic and genuinely in an overall pleasant mood each and every day. It’s true!
Believe it or not, there are certain vitamins and minerals that work with the brain and body to help with your mood. The grocery store is the wonderland where you will find your happiness my friends! It no longer needs to be a place where you buy the foods that damper your mood and steal away the pep from your step.
Let’s review these popular moo- boosting foods and see how they, in particular, contribute to living a happier and healthier life! (Challenge: See if you can put together what the “magical secret” is in terms of why these foods are top notch for you developing a happier self! We’ll tell you the answer at the end.)
Ricotta cheese, yogurt, collard greens and milk: What do these foods provide you? Calcium.
- Improves PMS related depression symptoms in women
- Regulates mood fluctuations
Asparagus, avocado, brussel sprouts and black eyed peas: What do these foods provide you? Folate
- Boosts serotonin levels
- Has the ability to boost the efficiency of antidepressants
Almonds, cashews, peanuts and edamame: What do these foods provide you? Magnesium
- Major developer of serotonin, which is a HUGE contributor to the happiness feeling
- Will help balance your mood due to its ability to regulate emotions
Salmon, Chicken breast and chickpeas: What do these foods provide you? Vitamin B6
- Boosts the production of the neurotransmitters that send messages to your body from your brain
- Can protect against a weekend immune system and confusion
Mushrooms, milk, eggs and swordfish: What do these foods provide you? Vitamin D
- Will help fight off depression
- Maintains your immune systems strength and keeps your bones strong
Pork loin, pumpkin seeds and Swiss cheese: What do these foods provide you? Zinc
- Reduces the side effects of those on antidepressant medications
- Protects against gut damage and loss of appetite
Spinach, Chia seeds and Atlantic Salmon: What do these foods provide you? Omega 3
- Decreases risk of depression and suicide
- Helps fight the decline of memory
Dark meat turkey, ribeye steak and soybeans: What do these foods provide you? Iron
- Aids in supporting energy levels and muscle strength
- Will help fight fatigue
So, after reading, do you notice what all these foods have in common?
They ALL are non-processed foods! Fresh meats, vegetables, nuts and dairy! That’s the “magic secret”! They aren’t from a prepackaged box or a greasy sack. The cleaner and the fresher the foods you put in your body, the better you are going to feel …and look!
We want to be a part of your continual education when it comes to becoming a healthier happier you! Come visit us at Gold’s Gym on Hospital Drive in Douglasville and see what kind of advice our health experts can offer you!