Merriam-Webster defines the word EXERCISE as a “physical activity that is done in order to become stronger and healthier”. If getting more fit is a good thing, then why is it such a challenge to get motivated to move your body? Here are 5 ways to help get you off the couch and achieving your health and fitness goals today.
1. COMMIT – Don’t just set goals; make a commitment contract in front of friends, family or colleagues. By adding accountability, you’ve just stepped up your game and could suffer embarrassment if you fail to hold up your commitment.
2. GRAB A BUDDY – Again, it’s the accountability factor. If you have someone depending on your participation, you are less inclined to leave your buddy hanging. You also have someone that can help motivate and encourage you to keep moving.
3. GET TECHY WITH IT – Most smart phones offer great free apps such as MyFitnessPal and RunKeeper to help keep you on track. Are you motivated by money? The social app Pact can even help you get rewarded financially for your exercise efforts! And don’t forget your favorite beats to get your heart pumping!
4. RIGHT WORKOUT – Choosing the right workout for you will help keep you motivated. If you hate riding a bike, skip the cycling classes. Most gyms offer a huge variety of physical activity options, so you are bound to choose the right workout for you!
5. PAT YOUR BACK – Reward yourself for your efforts on a short-term level. Exercising to lose weight is a great long-term goal, but you need to keep motivated with small short-term goals as well. For example, reward yourself with a new workout outfit if you complete 3 miles of running. Thinking of your shopping spree during your run may be the motivation you need to keep pushing forward!
Get off the couch and get into Gold’s Gym today. If you aren’t a current member, try us out with our free 7-day VIP pass. #StartHere