A little about Coach RJ Cetnarowski
RJ Cetnarowski has been playing hockey for 22 years, and has played at several competitive levels throughout his career. He has played at the Midget 4A level for the Okanagan Hockey Academy in Penticton, British Colombia during high school; the Junior B Summerland Sting in the KIJHL in British Colombia, Canada; the Junior A Texas Renegades in the WSHL, the Wenatchee Wild in the NAHL, and Concordia College in the NCAA III MIAC division. His experience in off-ice training includes 3 summers at the Okanagan Hockey School as a lead instructor in the off ice shooting/skill center. There he taught 5 to 18 year olds basic shooting techniques, puck handling, and passing skills. His desire to pass on his knowledge will be every Friday night from 5pm – 8pm at the Golds Gym Hockey Academy, and private lessons are available by request. Book your lessons today!
Free skills evaluation and sign up March 9-12th!
1X1 TRAINING SESSIONS
Sign up today for:
Personal 30 minute one on one training sessions by well trained hockey players to improve areas of the game that may be lagging. More individual attention will be placed in the one on one training session than in the small group session.
- Shot analysis that will break down every aspect of the shot. This will improve;
- Release Speed, and
- Tactical placement for more assists and goals!
- Training on proper passing and stick handling techniques. This will improve;
- Puck management,
- Efficient execution, and
- Proper puck protection.
- Off-ice workout plan to develop weaker physical areas of the game. A creative implementation of customized workout plans will improve body mechanics through;
- Strength, and
Flexible hours for one on one training sessions. You will stay in direct contact with your personal trainer to accommodate a flexible, but ridged training schedule.
SMALL GROUP TRAINING
Sign up today for:
Small group training sessions will consist of 2 to 4 athletes that are encouraged to sign up together to create a competition like environment. If you cannot find a teammate to sign up with you, you will be placed in a group similar to your skill level. Unlike the personalized one on one lesson, more attention will be placed on group participation as a whole and not a particular weakness in one of the individual. However, this group setting will allow for individualized attention compared to a large group. The group training style will focus on, but is not limited to;
- Small group competition,
- Situational Awareness, and
- Team Chemistry.
LARGE GROUP TRAINING
15-30 kids in each large group
- Open still for dates that you feel work best around the regular hockey season.
- First camp is going to focus on drills athletes can work on individually throughout the summer to improve skills
- Then we are going to hit a couple weekends of the large group session’s right before tryouts and that focus will be on a lot of reps and conditioning to be at peak performance at the right time.