Chirjeev Sawhney: My love for physical fitness and wellness started as a child. Growing up I had played on 3 different club soccer teams while also running 4 years of varsity track, soccer, and lacrosse and later running at the collegiate level. As a result of my extremely active lifestyle and hyperactive metabolism I was at the point of anorexia weighing less than 90lbs at the age of 18. No matter what I ate my body would not gain weight and would consume itself. Eventually my body gave out on itself and I was hospitalized. Taking this experience and learning from it I shifted focus at VCU from a B.S in Biology and pre-med to a B.S in Exercise Science with a concentration in Physical Therapy/Rehab. Using what I was learning on myself I transformed my life with proper exercise and diet and increased my weight by nearly 80lbs of muscle mass while also improving my body fat %. While at VCU I worked as an athletic, obesity and fitness trainer as well as a rehabilitation specialist, while also working in several physical therapy institutions specializing in spinal cord, back, shoulder and knee rehabilitation. Since I started training in 2006 I have been helping people attain nearly every type of goal from extreme weight loss to high level of sports training and general health/rehabilitation, and found that with a desire to work towards your goal and an understanding and help on how to get there, no goal is impossible.
Education and Certifications
- B.S Exercise Science, Concentration in Physical Therapy – Virginia Commonwealth University
- American College of Sports Medicine – Health and Fitness Specialist
- National Council for Certified Personal Trainers – Certified Personal Trainer
- Athletic Republic – Certified Athletic Trainer
- American Red Cross – CPR, AED and First Aid
- Degree in Exercise Science; Collegiate Track and Field, Varsity Soccer, Varsity Track and Field, Varsity Lacrosse; Explosive Performance Training; Spinal Cord Research and Rehabilitation; Nutrition and Diet Control; Movement Preparation, Correction and FMS testing; Obesity testing, training; elderly rehabilitation.
Specialties:Rehabilitation, Weight-Loss, Fictional Training, Athletic Training, TRX, Injury Prevention, Movement Preparation/Correction, Weight Gain, Strength Training, Explosive Training, Running
“With dedication and passion the impossible becomes possible.”