- Cooking spray
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 8-ounce package of pre-sliced mushrooms
- 4 1.3-ounce frozen vegetable protein sausage patties, thawed and crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 cup of egg substitute
- 1/4 cup of fat-free Half’N’Half
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler and place a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add chopped bell pepper and mushrooms, sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add veggie sausage, salt and pepper and then reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 1 minute.
- Combine egg substitute and Half’N’Half; carefully pour over sausage mixture. Cover and cook for 6 minutes (frittata will be slightly moist on top).
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 1 – 2 minutes, or until cheese melts. Cut into wedges and serve.
A few simple swaps, such as sausage with vegetarian sausage and eggs with egg substitute, make this a healthier dish with a lower calorie count!GO BACK