Summer Strength Games 2015 was a fun filled event for our Silver Sneaker Members.
Gold’s Gym Fenton, in Fenton, Missouri, hosted the Silver Sneakers Summer Strength Games in June. Our Fenton team, Debbie, Tricia and Sabrena, had a great time hosting and teaching the games, but the real fun was had by all of the participating members! Everyone laughed, enjoyed themselves and, of course, loved a bit of friendly competition. Here’s a recap of this fun-filled event:
- Debbie warmed up the competitors as Sabrena and Tricia set up stations for each of the 5 exercises being performed. These exercises were Push, Pull, Squat, Hip Hinge and Walk.
- With 15 competitors, they were divided into 5 teams of 3. They then brainstormed to think of a team name.
- Each team was then given a worksheet to calculate weight, reps, times and completions for each exercise.
- Debbie, Sabrena and Tricia assisted with each station and offered tips and pointers to competitors. They timed each exercise for teams to record on their worksheets.
- After each station was completed, Debbie led teams through cool-down exercises while Sabrena and Tricia tallied worksheets and winners.
- Medals were awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners of each exercise station. All teams were able to win at least one medal each!
The atmosphere of the Summer Strength Games was wonderful. Teams cheered for each other and clapped for one another during the awards ceremony while interested gym-goers stopped by the room to offer encouragement and positivity. We look forward to hosting another Strength Games very soon!GO BACK